The Island RPG
Welcome to The Island, where nothing is certain, all has been lost but still.. The Beasts, former humans, that roam The Island seek a better life for themselves out of the ashes of a world forgotten by nearly everyone.

What will you be changed into?
The Island RPG
Welcome to The Island, where nothing is certain, all has been lost but still.. The Beasts, former humans, that roam The Island seek a better life for themselves out of the ashes of a world forgotten by nearly everyone.

What will you be changed into?
The Island RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the island: will you survive, be changed, or die?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Out Of Character CBox
Latest topics
» Mirage Hearts
There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:48 pm

» Digimon Forum RP: Rebirth
There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:44 am

» Nuke Town
There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:57 am

» Natsu Dragneel Role Play
There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:02 pm

» Potter's Army
There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun May 25, 2014 4:44 am

» | Incandescence | post apocalyptic wolf RPG, very active
There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun May 18, 2014 2:08 am

» [pb] Kohaku Region, a zombie pkmn route game
There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:52 am

» Hogwarts: A Time of Change
There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:06 am

» Godai
There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:01 pm

There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jasmine Desdemona

Jasmine Desdemona

There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application) Empty
PostSubject: There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application)   There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:13 am

~Basic information~

Name: Jasmine Zakira Desdemona

BirthPlace: The Island

Species: Human

Appearance:

Jasmine considers herself to be mediocre in appearance despite her being in the modeling industry. She stands at an average height of about 5 feet and 10 inches, weighs 123 pounds or 56 kilograms and has naturally tanned skin, chocolate-brown hair and brilliant blue eyes though it may appear as a different shade such as green or aqua blue when wearing colored eye pencils and/or eye shadows. She has a tribal-type tattoo running up the side of her foot and pierced ears. She also wears glasses whenever she doesn’t feel the need to go out and look pretty which is almost all the time  when she is not working.

Physical trademarks:

• Both ears are pierced
  • Tribal-type tattoo found running up the side of her foot

Spoken Languages:

• English

PreIsland/Scientists roots: Island Resident/Willing newcomer
Sexual orientation: Bisexual

Personality:

Jasmine has a very complex personality that can usually be divided into four sides –Her lively and outgoing side, her shy but friendly side, her stubborn and impulsive side and finally, her aggressive and skeptical side. Though, there are times where she is insecure and private.  Let’s just say her personality veers alongside with the wind. It always depends on the person she is speaking to.

~History~

Family History:

• Gawain Cadogan Desdemona - Father
  • Emmeranne Chandra Desdemona - Mother
  • Ingram Phelan Desdemona - Older Brother
  • Corbin Eoghan Desdemona - Older Brother
  • Amaris Chantrea Desdemona - Little Sister

Jasmine was very close to her family. That was until the day she left the island to pursue her modelling career. She had promised to stay in communication but failed to uphold due to the steady increase of her job reputation and the mysterious inability to communicate to her home. She figured that the island couldn't be reached by signals from the outside and that only locals could communicate with each other. Though she did send a letter each year since her absence but never got a reply.

Childhood/History up to now:

Jasmine Desdemona, believe it or not, actually grew up on the quaint isle that is now referred to as 'The Island'. She, along with her family, lived in a homely abode located near the sea, a fair way on foot from the city center. If ever she or one of her siblings was ordered to go to the city, they always trekked through the path they discovered together. Fortunately  enough, the path lead straight to the center with no turns or twists.

It was easy to say that Jasmine's childhood was full of love, contentment and fun. There was never  a day that her family failed to find some sort of adventure for the whole family to do. But the time came where her talents were discovered. You see, they're family sometimes went to the mainland and there Jasmine was discovered for her talent in both singing and modelling. She was offered to study in an elite school known for producing the best models and/or singers the world  had ever seen.

She had asked her family for permission. Each one of them had agreed. She was ecstatic. They all prepared. They had a party. Everyone was happy! But when the time came, tears had been shed, promises made and goodbyes said. Jasmine had promised to keep communication with them and they did - for three whole months. They kept on blabbering excitedly about a hotel being built, how the island's potential to be a getaway resort was discovered. She was happy. They were happy. After those three months, she lost connection with them.

She was distraught. She asked the call company why her calls weren't being sent through - all they told her was that the area she was trying to call was unavailable and shall always be from now on. 'Maybe it has got to do with that getaway resort my family was talking about' she had thought. What use would a getaway resort be if there were still outside communication, right? So, she deduced that only the islanders could call to each other now.

So she decided to write mail. Each and every month for each year of her absence, she wrote one letter to her home. She never got a reply back but she was contented. She was keeping her promise - to never lose communication with her family and she did. But sometimes, she was sad. Not one letter. Note one letter saying congratulations or even that's my sister/girl! She had gained fame for them for Christ's sake. But at least, she knew deep down in her heart, that they were proud of her.

Island History:

<"Where is everybody?"

She looked around, trying to pinpoint exactly where she was. It was dark, so dark.

"Cold."

She hugged herself tight as she began walking, but to where, she didn't know. She soon found herself in a spacious room filled with furniture and other  paraphernelia - the living room, she supposed.

"Where are mommy and daddy?"

Was she alone?  Somehow, that thought made her panic. She gripped herself even tighter, willing herself not to curl up as she always did when she was panicking.

"I don't know where I am."

Her eyes opened wide in panic before she turned and sprinted down an unfamiliar hall, yelling.

"Mom? Dad? Where are you!?"

She stopped at the end of the hall. She was  aone. She balled her fists, lifting them up to rub at her eyes, sniffing and quietly sobbing.

"I'm scared."

Her head  snapped up suddenly. She swore she could fele her heart beating like  the steady rhythm of a drum.

"What's that? It sounds like a door opening."

She hurried to the other end of the hall. Indeed, the door was opening.

"Mom? Dad?"

The couple at the door stared at her at  surprise as she launched herself at them, bawling like mad.

"Mom!  Dad!"

The man and woman looked at each other before shaking their heads and holding her close.

"There, there. We're here  Jasmine. Never fret. We'll  always be here."

She smiled through her tears, burrowing closer into their warmth.

"Yeah! We won't let  you get hurt!"

A voice piped out  from behind them. It came from a boy, a few years older than her. He  was with another boy, younger than him albeit  older than her.

"We're you're big brothers. Mommy says we need to protect our little sisters!"

"Yeah!"

They both chimed, making her smile even further.

She was 7 years old back then.

~*~
She blinked in surprise when her book was tugged away from her. She recovered rather quickly, shooting an irritated glance at the boy before her.

"You're supposed to be enjoying the party Jasmine! Not isolating yourself and reading."

She instinctively rolled her eyes, her arms crossing against her chest.

"Give me back my book Corbin!"

"No!"

She muttered something about being immature which her older brother merely responded by sticking out his tongue. She narrowed her eyes at  him, sighed then abruptly pounced at him, aiming to reach  her book, determination shining in her eyes.

She mentally squealed in glee when she saw how her Corbin's eyes grew. She had actually taken him by surprise!

"Oh no you don't!"

He wrapped an arm around her waist, pushing her down. He looked around.

"Hey Ingram! Catch!"

He threw the book. She screamed in agitation. He laughed and lifted her over his own shoulder. She trashed about.

"Lemme down jerk! And give me back my book while we're at it!"

He merely tutted at her, watching as his laughing brother Ingram approached them. He had the book in one hand while his other arm carried they're little sister. The reason they were celebrating.

"Happy Birthday little girl!" He cooed at the girl in Ingram's arms, trying hard to steady Jasmine's trashing feet, lest she hit the baby.

"Corbin Eoghan! I swear!" she had screamed. "Put your  sister down Corbin. She might do something." Ingram taunted receiving an eye roll in response.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." Ingram said with a sigh. Not a moment later, Corbin screamed in pain. "SHE BIT ME!" He dropped Jasmine, making her drop on the ground, bum first. "YOU DROPPED ME!" She screamed at him, trying to act angry though mirth shone in her eyes.

"Now, now, children. Quiet down and let's eat. The food's finally ready."

All three of the older siblings looked towards their family patriarch and nodded, quickly  running towards him, their little sister Amaris babbling.

"Let us say our praise."

They sat down and prayed before eating. Gawain and Emmerane Desdemona smiled at their children, proud at how blessed their family was.

She was fourteen that time.

~*~
"I... I've been accepted."

She held the letter with trembling arms before letting out a laugh. One filled with relief and tears of joy. She felt multiple pairs of arms surround her and she cried even more.

"C-can I...?  D-do you all...?"

She was silenced by their patriarch and led to the lone sofa, the one most favored by her father. She buried herself deeper into its embrace, subtly inhaling the faint scent of her father -  something that calmed her greatly. She stared at the people before her - her family. She opened her mouth before closing yet again. She looked down, hesitating. What was she supposed to say?

"We support you."

That lone sentence made her look up, bewildered. They... they supported her.

"I can... you mean I... really?"

They nodded. She couldn't believe it. Tears filled her eyes once more and quick as a fox she jumped into their  waiting arms, crying and laughing like the lunatic she was.

"I'm  going to live my dream"

She said to herself as she tugged Amaris into her arms, hugging her close. She had grown, a little child now. An arm wrapped around her waist and she knew it was Corbin, another around her neck, Ingram. They grew too, young men now. She probably looked different too.

Gawain and Emmerane still treated them like they were children though. They wouldn't have had it any other way. They were their babies weren't they not?

Seventeen.

~*~
It had been fast-going. Her preparation  for her leave. They bought her new clothes though  she  still bought a few pieces of her old clothes- a parting gift they, her parents, said. Ingram gave her the cross necklace she wore till this day. Corbin, being the unconventional persona he is, made Jasmine and him get the same tattoo - his on the neck and hers on her foot. Amaris, sweet Amaris, she gave her a music box. She suspected that her parents helped her.

She cried. A part  of her didn't want to leave the island but life was supposed to be taking risks. She needed to grab the chance.

They were at the airport. Just a few days after  her birthday. Her time to go. Tears were shed.

"Promise us you'll keep in contact. Promise?" they had all said and she did, even going so far as giving Amaris the pinky swear, the sacred oath for her.

She boarded the plane  and to her destiny. She called for the first three months then started writing letters though she never received one back. She had promised them, afterall.

She was Eighteen that time.

~*~

"Where am I?"

She hugged herself, feeling cold. Her fingers gripped hard at the skin  of her arms.

"I'm all alone."

She shut her eyes, concentrating. Faces passed by, she tried to focus on each of them. She was starting to forget them.

"Where is everybody?"

She whimpered before uncurling herself from her fetal position. When did she do that? She sat, resting her head on the palms of her hands, quietly sobbing. She missed them so much. Not one letter, not one phone call. Did they forget her? She sent a letter each month!

She shook her head wildly, reaching for the box of tissues on her  bedside. She wiped at her tears and snot - she must've looked like hell.

"What was that? A door opening."

She turned her head to her bedroom door, squinting her eyes at the bright light that washed into her dark room.

"Who are you?"

The woman did not seem to hear.

"I don't know you. Go away. I'll scream. I will!"

No reaction. She closed the door and started walking towards her, her form becoming clearer with each step. I

"No! Don't you close that door!"

She whimpered and curled up into her fetal position, hearing the sound of footsteps come near her. She was getting closer.

"Why has everyone left me alone? I'm so scared."

She whimpered to herself. She was shaking, shaking with dry sobs. Her tears had dried out days ago.

"Please don't hurt me. Please."

She heard a sigh and paper rustling. She chanced to look up and saw her manager looking down at her with pitiful eyes.

"You're going home Jasmine. You won't be alone anymore."

She was 21. Her birthday was a few days ago. That day was the anniversary of her leaving her past.

~Role Play Sample~

"I'm going home."

She packed her clothes in a pace  that could rival a snail's. She couldn't seem to proccess that thought. That she was going to go home, see her family and be happy again.

"What if... what if they don't accept me?"

That thought chilled her to the bone, going as far to make her stop what she was doing. She was trying to calm her breathing when a memory came and jumped out at her.

"There, there. We're here  Jasmine. Never fret. We'll  always be here."

"Yeah! We won't let  you get hurt!"

A tear escaped her eye. That's right. They're always there for me. My family. Her hand went to the cross necklace that she wore, closing her eyes. She tried to imagine their faces, forcing down a sob when she realized she couldn't. Had she been gone that long?

She opened her eyes, blinking back tears. She should have brought a picture. She should have but she didn't. She mentally cursed herself for doing so. She finished her packing and fell backwards on her bed, staring at her ceiling.

"What would they look like now?"

She wondered  to herself. Amaris would be a young woman now. She smiled sadly at that. She had missed her little sister's life. Surely, her brothers must have settled down too.

Sighing, she turned on her side, blinking when she came face to face with an ornate music box. Amaris' gift. She stifled a sob before reaching out for it. She turned the knob and opened it,  closing her eyes in relish at the sweet tune that came out.

She cried herself to sleep that night,  hugging the music box close to herself.

She departed the next day without knowing her fate. Not knowing that her island- the one that brought joy to her being and warmth to her heart had drastically changed.

Back to top Go down
Jasmine Desdemona

Jasmine Desdemona

PostSubject: Re: There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application)   There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:26 pm

Finished Application. Ready for Reviewing.
Back to top Go down
Sydney Jane Mayes
Head Admin
Sydney Jane Mayes

PostSubject: Re: There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application)   There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 8:27 am

Approved

Epic App Rosie, I got a human who can RP with you too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://theislandrpg.rpg-board.net
Terra Brekke
Head Admin
Terra Brekke

PostSubject: Re: There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application)   There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Totally agree - can't wait to meet you! Mayhap she can run into my scientist Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application)   There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There is Darkness in Light (Complete Application)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Island RPG :: ~Character Workshop~ :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: