The Island RPG
Welcome to The Island, where nothing is certain, all has been lost but still.. The Beasts, former humans, that roam The Island seek a better life for themselves out of the ashes of a world forgotten by nearly everyone.

What will you be changed into?
The Island RPG
Welcome to The Island, where nothing is certain, all has been lost but still.. The Beasts, former humans, that roam The Island seek a better life for themselves out of the ashes of a world forgotten by nearly everyone.

What will you be changed into?
The Island RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the island: will you survive, be changed, or die?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Out Of Character CBox
Latest topics
» Mirage Hearts
Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:48 pm

» Digimon Forum RP: Rebirth
Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:44 am

» Nuke Town
Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:57 am

» Natsu Dragneel Role Play
Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:02 pm

» Potter's Army
Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun May 25, 2014 4:44 am

» | Incandescence | post apocalyptic wolf RPG, very active
Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun May 18, 2014 2:08 am

» [pb] Kohaku Region, a zombie pkmn route game
Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:52 am

» Hogwarts: A Time of Change
Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:06 am

» Godai
Werewolves I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:01 pm

Werewolves

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Terra Brekke
Head Admin
Terra Brekke

Werewolves Empty
PostSubject: Werewolves   Werewolves I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 10:35 pm

Alpha wolf: Terra Brekka

Werewolf territory: the Woods

It came as a surprise to the scientists just how easily werewolves were created when they tried, although the species is far from perfect yet…

When in human form, physically werewolves look like any other person; but don’t be fooled by their normal appearance - they are closer animals than men.  The phases of the moon hold sway over them, causing even the oldest and most in control to transform and loose themselves in their bestial side under the light of the full moon. Be sure to venture with caution if walking in the woods at that time… While it seems elective transformation at other times is possible, this ability is hard won and so seems to only be seen in the older wolves on the island, with the younger entirely at the sway of the moon, though extreme emotions can also on occasion trigger an involuntary transformation. Elder wolves that have obtained the ability to shift on desire also possess the ability to partially transform retaining some animal like traits in their human form. Younger wolves do not possess this ability, however as with accidental transformation, extreme emotions can cause some traits to bleed through.

Instinct plays a large part in this species and impulses cannot always be controlled or reigned in, making them dangerous to interact with. Their enhanced senses, natural grace and strong hunt instinct make the species a predator to its core, although their human side is not entirely buried under the beast and some retain more of their past personality than others. It is said that one can identify a werewolf by looking into their eyes and seeing their inner animal hidden in the gaze.

Werewolves are generally a social creature, living in groups they refer to as packs, often lead by one or two dominant wolves, although there are some that prefer to run alone, shunning the lasting company of others of their kind. When in animal form they more closer resemble the extinct dire wolf than any living breed, with adults ranging in size from 7-8 feet from nose to tail tip. Their bodies are well muscled, with the back sloping slightly as it moves down to the hind quarters, their forelimbs being heavier and more muscled than is usually found in canids. Though capable of standing on their forelegs and occasionally doing this to attack with their claws, this breed is in this form quarapedal only (i.e. only walks on all fours).

Covered in a shaggy coat, this is concentrated most around their neck and shoulders in a distinctive thick ruff and along their spine ending in a bushy tail. They are a long snouted breed to best enable their sense of smell and their wide heads are topped with large triangular ears.

When in wolf form, a werewolf’s speed, strength and all senses are extremely enhanced, and in this form they are the strongest physical creature on the island and possess the sharpest sense of smell, however there is a direct trade off in terms of rational thought, with animal instincts and bestial impulses reigning in this form over the ability to plan or think consciously. For those capable of intermediate transformation please note, the more wolfish traits you take on, the more your bestial instincts will effect you. When in human form, werewolves strength and speed is only slightly above that of an average human.

**Please note with regards to the transformation ability – because of the nature of the werewolf mindset, we ask RPers to be sensible when roleplaying as a wolf, particularly with regards to transformation and battle/fighting with others. Please do this with the consent of all others involved in the scene/plot. Should we find that you are failing to show this maturity and respect you will get 1 warning, whereby the Alpha wolf (myself – Terra) will take a personal interest in your character and babysit them for a while to ensure they learn control. If your character persists beyond this the the Head Scientist (Angel) will step in, deeming your character to savage/out of control for the experiment and have your character altered so that you no longer posses transformation ability. We hope it does not ever need to come to this and will step in with light warnings if we have concerns, but the ability to transform is a privilege, not a right and we reserve the right to revoke it. **
Back to top Go down

Werewolves
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Island RPG :: ~General~ :: Rules and Guides :: Species Descriptions-
Jump to: