The Island RPG
Welcome to The Island, where nothing is certain, all has been lost but still.. The Beasts, former humans, that roam The Island seek a better life for themselves out of the ashes of a world forgotten by nearly everyone.

What will you be changed into?
The Island RPG
Welcome to The Island, where nothing is certain, all has been lost but still.. The Beasts, former humans, that roam The Island seek a better life for themselves out of the ashes of a world forgotten by nearly everyone.

What will you be changed into?
The Island RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the island: will you survive, be changed, or die?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Out Of Character CBox
Latest topics
» Mirage Hearts
Role Playing Guidlines I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:48 pm

» Digimon Forum RP: Rebirth
Role Playing Guidlines I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:44 am

» Nuke Town
Role Playing Guidlines I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:57 am

» Natsu Dragneel Role Play
Role Playing Guidlines I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:02 pm

» Potter's Army
Role Playing Guidlines I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun May 25, 2014 4:44 am

» | Incandescence | post apocalyptic wolf RPG, very active
Role Playing Guidlines I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun May 18, 2014 2:08 am

» [pb] Kohaku Region, a zombie pkmn route game
Role Playing Guidlines I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:52 am

» Hogwarts: A Time of Change
Role Playing Guidlines I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:06 am

» Godai
Role Playing Guidlines I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:01 pm

Role Playing Guidlines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sydney Jane Mayes
Head Admin
Sydney Jane Mayes

Role Playing Guidlines Empty
PostSubject: Role Playing Guidlines   Role Playing Guidlines I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:31 pm

RP Guidelines

Please respect the following guidelines when roleplaying and creating character biographies:

1) Your character MUST fall into one of the two categories described above; original islander, or incomer. There are as of yet no born members of any species, nor are scientists playable without express staff permission (special cases only).

2) The Organisation and the scientists are the only ones capable of communicating or bringing people/things off and on the island.

3) Please do not alter the parameters imposed upon any of the species. They are there to keep things fair. Any differences/augmentation will only be allowed if cleared by a staff member, and if allowed there will be a trade-off  to keep things balanced.

4) Your character arrives as a human and may stay as such for a time, however by the three weeks after your arrival we expect you to select an RP species for your character  and alert a staff member to have yourself changed. Extensions to this deadline may be given if you contact staff with a valid reason for holding off, similarly you may elect to start out with your character already changed.

5) The scientists have been running experimentation on the island for a few years only. (Although the Organisation and research took place prior to the live testing stage. This will not however have any effect on your character).  Therefore there are no characters that have been raised or ‘lived’ in the labs. Any character that has been altered into a species has been a ‘guest’ there for a short time only – perhaps days, perhaps weeks or in some extreme cases, months, but no longer. They may, however have been kept  in the corral prior to this.

6) In the scientists eyes, the ‘test subjects’ (human or new species) are the equivalent of lab animals and treated as such. We prefer no backstories involving connections with any of the Organisation and its members (scientists or otherwise), however allowances are made in special circumstances.  If you feel you require this for character development or RP purposes contact a staff member with your idea and we will consider it.

7) With regards to families: no one family will be all converted to the same species. A few might be lucky enough to share this, but it is very unlikely that there will be many as specimens were selected and assigned to the different areas of the lab at random. Most of those who had families prior to the barrier raising are still trying to find them, unknowing whether they are alive or dead.

8 ) With regards to species interactions – there is a lot of tension between the different species, a fact actively encouraged by the scientists, however there are those that are trying to overcome this and unite the species against their overlords, though few are brave enough to so much as whisper the word ‘rebellion’.

9) Regarding sexes and fighting ability – please note that regardless of the state of play with humans or natural animals, in this RP you will not incur any disadvantage playing as either sex. I.e. being male does not mean you are more likely to be stronger, being female does not make you more likely to be faster. In this RP strength and fighting ability are based on two thing a) age since being turned in the labs, with older characters being stronger and b) rank in the member group. Please note that with this in mind the Heads of each member group are generally accepted to be the strongest. This is not because the admin wish to play a Mary-Sue character (which we are very against) but rather because of the nature of the role play and the various species, the Group heads have to be able to step in and maintain peace/mediate fights/deal with dissenters as and when they see fit.

This all being said, rank and age are not the be all and end all in terms of who will win a fight, this denotes physical ability within species only. There is still scope for being out-smarted, and we leave the outcomes of all fights at the end of the day between the RPers. This is intended solely as a guide to help avoid disagreement and we encourage RPers to agree on an outcome before entering into any violent interaction for the same reason.

**Credits for these Guidelines  goes to Head Admin Terra Brekke**
Back to top Go down
https://theislandrpg.rpg-board.net

Role Playing Guidlines
Page 1 of 1