The Island RPG
Welcome to The Island, where nothing is certain, all has been lost but still.. The Beasts, former humans, that roam The Island seek a better life for themselves out of the ashes of a world forgotten by nearly everyone.

What will you be changed into?
The Island RPG
Welcome to The Island, where nothing is certain, all has been lost but still.. The Beasts, former humans, that roam The Island seek a better life for themselves out of the ashes of a world forgotten by nearly everyone.

What will you be changed into?
The Island RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the island: will you survive, be changed, or die?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Out Of Character CBox
Latest topics
» Mirage Hearts
Wraiths I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:48 pm

» Digimon Forum RP: Rebirth
Wraiths I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:44 am

» Nuke Town
Wraiths I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:57 am

» Natsu Dragneel Role Play
Wraiths I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:02 pm

» Potter's Army
Wraiths I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun May 25, 2014 4:44 am

» | Incandescence | post apocalyptic wolf RPG, very active
Wraiths I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun May 18, 2014 2:08 am

» [pb] Kohaku Region, a zombie pkmn route game
Wraiths I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:52 am

» Hogwarts: A Time of Change
Wraiths I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:06 am

» Godai
Wraiths I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:01 pm

Wraiths

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sydney Jane Mayes
Head Admin
Sydney Jane Mayes

Wraiths Empty
PostSubject: Wraiths   Wraiths I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Territory: The moors

The wraith strain was first discovered quite by accident, when some of the early attempts at creating vampires resulted in some unforeseen consequences –namely the complete destabilisation of the human body, causing the very molecules to space out, changing the solid matter into something ethereal. Intrigued by the possibilities this raised, the scientists quickly refocused their interests and began to experiment. The ultimate result was a ‘ghost’ like creature, capable of passing through almost every substance they came into contact with. Energy fields alone seemed to block them and electricity one of the few things that could still physically hurt them, the electrical current found to be able to jump the distances between the molecules and still interrupt the impulses used to keep the body functioning.

While normally appearing like any other human, despite their incorporeal nature, wraiths are found to have limited manipulation over light, able to fade their body down to darkened blur – something that could easily pass for a faint shadow, allowing them to pass virtually invisible through crowded rooms.

The weak point of the wraith strain is undoubtedly that their incorporeal nature is a double edged sword – while able to pass through objects, it is equally true that they cannot touch or physically interact with others either, though it seems that this rule does not apply to others of their own kind, wraiths able to physically touch each other as readily as humans can. With great concentration, effort and practice the strain are able to force small physical actions in the normal world, such as moving objects a small distance, though this ability is extremely taxing and hard won, taking years of practice to perfect.
Back to top Go down
https://theislandrpg.rpg-board.net

Wraiths
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Island RPG :: ~General~ :: Rules and Guides :: Species Descriptions-
Jump to: