The Island RPG
Welcome to The Island, where nothing is certain, all has been lost but still.. The Beasts, former humans, that roam The Island seek a better life for themselves out of the ashes of a world forgotten by nearly everyone.

What will you be changed into?
The Island RPG
Welcome to The Island, where nothing is certain, all has been lost but still.. The Beasts, former humans, that roam The Island seek a better life for themselves out of the ashes of a world forgotten by nearly everyone.

What will you be changed into?
The Island RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the island: will you survive, be changed, or die?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Out Of Character CBox
Latest topics
» Mirage Hearts
Airians I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:48 pm

» Digimon Forum RP: Rebirth
Airians I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:44 am

» Nuke Town
Airians I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:57 am

» Natsu Dragneel Role Play
Airians I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:02 pm

» Potter's Army
Airians I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun May 25, 2014 4:44 am

» | Incandescence | post apocalyptic wolf RPG, very active
Airians I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun May 18, 2014 2:08 am

» [pb] Kohaku Region, a zombie pkmn route game
Airians I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:52 am

» Hogwarts: A Time of Change
Airians I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:06 am

» Godai
Airians I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:01 pm

Airians

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sydney Jane Mayes
Head Admin
Sydney Jane Mayes

Airians Empty
PostSubject: Airians   Airians I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Eyrie Master - Devon Seaver

Airian Territory - the Mountains

Created by blending human DNA with a mixture of avian, Airian’s are said to resemble the mythological angels with their large, feathered wings sprouting from their shoulder blade. Unlike the divine host however, the similarity between Airians and birds are not restricted to their wings. Eyes and hair colour are noted to possess novel patterns and shades usually associated with their animal counterparts, with the latter generally matching the shade and pattern of the feathers. Similarly cursed with the practicalities of flight through physical means rather than magical, the mass of their bones have been reduced, turning hollow to better allow for lift, effecting their overall weight. The muscles of their core body have also been enhanced, particularly around the back and shoulders to allow for the strain of carrying the weight in this unnatural way, their wings in turn being huge, reaching a wingspan of ten foot in some of the larger creatures.

While not possessing the strength of the other creatures on the island, the trade-off's to better allow for flight have benefited Airians massively in terms of speed, both in the air and in their agility and reaction time, being hailed as the fastest creature on the island. Adaptation to the frigid temperatures of the upper atmosphere as well, has increased the species' endurance and cold tolerance, making them ideally adapted to the mountainous habitat they favour. Senses of smell and hearing do not appear in anyway improved over that of their human kindred, however Airians have inherited the vision that makes raptor birds such effective predators, able not only to make out fine detail from a great distance away, but even able to pick up colours outside the normal spectrum such as ultraviolet.

The similarities however are not restricted to simple physical adaptations. Like many bird species Airians are attracted to bright colours and beauty, also possessing a love of music. Often seen to participate in song, they also treasure the rare instruments found on the island and can be creative in finding other ways to create music, though their vocals stray into noises not always associated with human singing.  Although they are capable of walking on the ground and not averse to doing so, the winged creatures often feel themselves more vulnerable when landed and so tend to become uncomfortable lingering to long at human level, preferring instead to look down from a height or stay on the wing.

Tending to ‘nest’ together in flocks, their homes are generally referred to as eyries and set into the unscaleable cliffs and mountainsides of the island, though the sociability of the breed seems quite variable. Though much more in control of themselves than the wolf-human hybrids than roam the island, Airians still suffer from enhanced avian instincts, something that often comes out in the forms of physical displays and vocalisations when angry or excited.
Back to top Go down
https://theislandrpg.rpg-board.net

Airians
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Island RPG :: ~General~ :: Rules and Guides :: Species Descriptions-
Jump to: