The Island RPG
Welcome to The Island, where nothing is certain, all has been lost but still.. The Beasts, former humans, that roam The Island seek a better life for themselves out of the ashes of a world forgotten by nearly everyone.

What will you be changed into?
The Island RPG
Welcome to The Island, where nothing is certain, all has been lost but still.. The Beasts, former humans, that roam The Island seek a better life for themselves out of the ashes of a world forgotten by nearly everyone.

What will you be changed into?
The Island RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the island: will you survive, be changed, or die?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Out Of Character CBox
Latest topics
» Mirage Hearts
Vampires I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:48 pm

» Digimon Forum RP: Rebirth
Vampires I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:44 am

» Nuke Town
Vampires I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:57 am

» Natsu Dragneel Role Play
Vampires I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:02 pm

» Potter's Army
Vampires I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun May 25, 2014 4:44 am

» | Incandescence | post apocalyptic wolf RPG, very active
Vampires I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sun May 18, 2014 2:08 am

» [pb] Kohaku Region, a zombie pkmn route game
Vampires I_icon_minitimeby Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:52 am

» Hogwarts: A Time of Change
Vampires I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:06 am

» Godai
Vampires I_icon_minitimeby Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:01 pm

Vampires

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sydney Jane Mayes
Head Admin
Sydney Jane Mayes

Vampires Empty
PostSubject: Vampires   Vampires I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Coven Leader: Sydney Jane Mayes

Vampire territory: the Caves

In contrast to the wolves, the scientists struggled for a long time in achieving in creating the vampire breed, but finally their efforts were met with success. The species is still being refined however, with the inability to change other humans into fellow vampires being just one of the flaws they still seek to correct.

Vampires are thought to be one of the most alluring of the races, the natural features of the human they once were augmented by the transformation process – most likely in order to aid them in hunting their prey. Though restricted to the night by the burning rays of the sun, they can easily pass for humans, albeit attractive ones. Cool and aloof, vampires are calculating creatures often holding themselves apart from other breeds and considering themselves superior to those more enslaved to their impulses. Despite their attitude however, they are still driven by a carnal thirst for blood that must be sated regularly to keep them strong… and to keep them sane, or else they might lose themselves to the darker side of their nature. Powerful and deadly, with senses to rival any predator, one must think carefully before taking on a vampire lest they do not live to regret it.

Vampires tend to live in groups known as Covens in which there is a strict hierarchical social structure and are perhaps the most organised of the island species. For this reason however the scientists keep a particularly close eye on them, knowing that if a rebellion were ever to take place, they no doubt would be at its heart.

Vampires are the second strongest species on the island, possessing abilities well above that of an average humans in terms of strength, speed and agility. Senses are also heightened, in particular night vision and their hearing, the latter of which outstips all of the other experimental species. Perhaps most noteable of the race however is their mental abilities – vampires posses the ability to communicate mentally with their brethern and limited abilities to read the minds of others, though those with strong wills can possess some natural defences against this. This is a learned technique and as such is stronger in the older creatures and often unreliable in the younger.

**Please note with regards to the mind reading ability – we expect maturity and respect when using this ability. We recommend that you okay any plotline involving learning information through this ability with the parties involved before RPing it rather than just assuming. Please respect that some people may want things to remain secret for their own plot purposes. A general rule of thumb when using this ability is anyone above your rank has the chance to be protected against your advances, and those below are more likely to succumb, though as always we encourage RPers to decide for themselves the outcomes between them. People abusing this ability without respect for others will be given 1 warning, whereby the Coven Leader (Sydney) will take a personal interest in your character and babysit them for a while to ensure they learn to use their abilities in a fitting manner. If your character persists beyond this the Head Scientist (Angel) will step in, deeming your character fluctuating dangerously outwith the norm and will take them into the lab for further study, the resulting experiments quite possibly causing a potential loss of the ability altogether. We hope it does not ever need to come to this and will step in with light warnings if we have concerns, but the ability to transform is a privilege, not a right and we reserve the right to revoke it.
Back to top Go down
https://theislandrpg.rpg-board.net

Vampires
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Island RPG :: ~General~ :: Rules and Guides :: Species Descriptions-
Jump to: